Hi there! WordPress just updated their software to v3.6.1, which introduces a baker’s dozen of security fixes that were still present in v3.6! We just updated our WordPress install, and we’d really appreciate it if you could do the same. It’s very easy, and the updating process should take no more than 5 seconds. Just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to http://yourdomain.ca/wp-admin/
- Go to Dashboard > Updates
- Click Update Now
- WordPress will automatically download the files, apply them, and tell you the upgrade is complete
- If a database upgrade is needed, click Upgrade, and the database upgrade should be done in just a few seconds
Easy, right? If you used Installatron to install WordPress, depending on the settings you used, you may have received several emails overnight letting you know that a database backup had been completed, and WordPress updates have been applied. If you didn’t use those settings, and want to upgrade WordPress via Installatron, just follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel
- Click Installatron Applications Installer
- It should load the My Applications tab
- Find the icon with a red arrow pointing downward – this indicates an application has an update ready
- Click the red arrow icon
- Leave all the settings as is, scroll down to the bottom, and hit Upgrade
- Installatron will complete the update – don’t leave this page until it’s done!
And that’s it! Applying these types of security fixes benefits you, your fellow customers, and CleverHost! It keeps your site, and our servers, as safe as possible. This is especially important with WordPress v3.6.1, because the WordPress staff have made changes to the file upload process, making it less vulnerable to cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
Thanks for reading! And stay clever. 🙂